ISRAEL ATTACKS PROTEST AGAINST NEW ILLEGAL COLONY OUTPOST ON THE OCCUPIED WEST BANK

On Thursday February 15th Israel’s occupation forces closed all but the main entrance to the town of Beita, south of the city of Nablus on the occupied West Bank, as a collective punishment, claiming that local youths had been throwing stones at occupation forces’ vehicles and at vehicles of illegal Israeli settlers.

Israel is in the process of stealing more land from the town of Beita and the neighbouring villages of Qabalan and Yitma for a new illegal colony outpost. Illegal Israeli settlers are already moving to pre-fabricated barracks at the site. It’s a war crime in progress, under the protection of the Christian Zionist government of the United States, with rest of the supposed ‘world powers’ pretending to be politically impotent.

As people from Beita moved to the land under threat of ‘confiscation’ – meaning theft – from Israeli occupation later on Thursday with representatives of non-governmental organizations and political factions to plant saplings of olive trees as a protest, Israel’s occupation forces attacked them using tear gas.

Peaceful protest in the form of planting trees is as punishable under the Israeli occupation as throwing stones at armed occupiers’ vehicles. No resistance is allowed and if you resist, you lose your land and suffer collective punishment – and if you don’t resist, then you also lose your land. That’s the situation under Israel’s rule in the occupied territories.

SOURCES:

.
.
.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements

ACTIVIST ISSA AMRO DETAINED IN OCCUPIED HEBRON

On Thursday February 15th Youth Against Settlements erected a flagpole and raised the flag of Palestine near the Ibrahimi mosque in occupied Hebron, marking the beginning of Open Shuhada Street Campaign for this year.

Youth Against Settlements’ peace activist and co-ordinator Issa Amro was detained, and held for several hours by Israel’s occupation forces before being released, as a result of this non-violent action to bring attention to the closed main artery of the city of Hebron.

After the American-Israeli illegal settler Baruch Goldstein killed 29 people in the Ibrahimi mosque in 1994, Israel closed the main commercial street in Hebron’s Old City, Shuhada Street from Palestinians and has kept it and the shops along it closed ever since.

.

PHOTOS & INFO: @media.yas, @PalInfoAr & @YASHebron

.

For videos, see @media.yas on Facebook

.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

7 OCCUPATION FORCES SOLDIERS INJURED IN EXPLOSION OF ISRAELI MINE IN THE OCCUPIED WEST BANK

7 Israel’s occupation forces soldiers were injured and the occupation forces’ Ford truck was destroyed when they drove into Israeli occupation forces’ own mine at a minefield near the city of Jericho in the Jordan Valley of the occupied West Bank.

It’s said that the injuries the Israeli occupation soldiers suffered range from ‘slight’ to ‘moderate’.

The incident took place on the afternoon of Wednesday February 14th an happened as the occupation soldiers (apparently in a convoy of multiple vehicles) were on a mission to make repairs to a fence said to be surrounding the minefield.

The cause of it is unclear, but we can hazard a guess that beyond the clear lack of a fence altogether a simple map reading error could have easily taken them inside the minefield when they would have though they were still outside it.

The mine appears to have exploded under one of the back tires of the Ford truck, which back half was completely destroyed – which is not surprising, considering that the mine was not one intended against infantry, but was an anti-tank mine. The occupation soldiers in that vehicle were lucky that the mine didn’t explode under one of the front wheels.

Each year occupied Palestinians are killed and wounded in mine explosions; not only are many minefields not fenced and badly marked, Israeli occupation forces also hides mines in the ground during its exercises and doesn’t always recover all of them afterwards.

SOURCES:

Jericho: Soldiers injured from mine explosion

.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

HOMELESS IN THE WORLD’S LARGEST PRISON

These photographs published on Wednesday February 14th by the Shehab News Agency show a homeless family forced to live at a bus stop in the besieged Gaza Strip.

This bus stop at Saraya junction in Gaza City is what little shelter the family has from the weather – the world outside offers them none.

According to a recent study, 80 % of the 2 million inhabitants of the coastal enclave, besieged by the occupier Israel and Egypt, live in poverty and 65 % in extreme poverty.

As over 80 % of the population depend on aid, the cuts to aid (which had already been reduced before by lacks of funds) by the United States will only worsen the situation.

Crisis has deliberately been made into a status quo in the besieged Gaza by its besiegers and their enablers in the so-called ‘international community’.

PHOTOS: @ShehabAgency

SOURCE:

Essam Yousef: Gaza deserves to live 

.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

YOUTH ATTACKED NEAR AL-AQSA MOSQUE BY ILLEGAL ISRAELI SETTLERS

Illegal Israeli settlers are claimed to have attacked a youth near the al-Aqsa mosque compound in the Old City of the occupied East Jerusalem on Wednesday February 14th.
 
Mustafa al-Moghrabi suffered injuries described as ‘critical’ and ‘serious’ according to different sources.
 
One video shows him on the ground in the grip of seizures as he bleeds from his head. His injuries are said to include a skull facture.
 
It’s reported that the illegal Israeli settlers had just left the al-Aqsa mosque compound after ‘touring’ it under the protection of the occupation forces when they allegedly assaulted al-Moghrabi outside the Gate of the Chain.
 
The incident itself has not been captured on any of the videos or photographs we have seen.
 
Mustafa al-Moghrabi is described as ‘young man’ in most sources, but one source on Twitter gives his age as 17, which at this point must be considered unconfirmed.
.
SOURCES:
 
 
.
For videos, follow the links at the version of this post on our Facebook page:
.

ISRAEL EXTENDS IMPRISONMENT OF AHED TAMIMI AND HER MOTHER UNTIL MARCH 11TH

Israel’s Ofer military court on the occupied West Bank convened for the trial of teenager Ahed Tamimi(17) behind closed doors on Tuesday February 13th, refusing her lawyer Gaby Lansky’s call for representatives of the media to be allowed to observe the court proceedings.
 
Little else is known – and apparently little else happened – beyond both Ahed and her mother Nariman being ordered imprisoned until at least March 11th.
 
Israeli occupation is apparently playing its usual waiting game with Ahed and her mother when it comes to political trials of high profile, trying to postpone them until public interest has subsided and a conviction will get less notice.
 
PHOTO: Al-Rimawi Photography @AlRimawiPhotography
 
SOURCES:
 
 
 
.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

BITTEN BY THE ISRAELI OCCUPATION

The accompanying photograph shows some of the injuries suffered by a man from the Jenin district on the occupied West Bank at the hands of Israel’s occupation forces.
 
BITTEN IN BURQIN
.
Mabrouk Jarrar was bitten by an Israel’s occupation forces’ dog at his shoulder, left arm and a leg in the town of Burqin and an occupation forces’ soldier hit him and broke his nose.
 
Jarrar had gone out during the Israeli occupation forces’ raid after explosions from bombs used by the occupation forces had shattered windows in his house and he wanted to say to the occupation soldiers that there were children inside..
 
Before he had his chance to do so, he was attacked by a dog from an occupation forces’ canine youth and at some point later an occupation soldier as mentioned above.
 
He was arrested, left to bleed for hours without medical aid in an occupation forces’ military vehicle and afterwards kept imprisoned, part of the time in jail and part in hospital, until Israeli occupation military court ordered his release late on Sunday February 11th.
.
DETAILS LACKING
 
Sources are unclear at this point on the day when the incident leading to his wounding happened but based on the elapsed days and the time at dawn the incident happened according to the sources, it could have been either on February 6th during the Israeli occupation invasion when Ahmed Nasr Jarrar was killed or during a raid the day after that.
 
Sources are also in contradiction whether Mabrouk Jarrar himself was an intended target of arrest or whether he was arrested because he was bitten and beaten. If the former, it would imply a some other day than February 6th.
 
Jarrar is still receiving treatment to his wounds in a hospital in the town of Afula in Palestine 1948’s Afula, and he’s currently unable to use the leg that was bitten.
 
PHOTO: @QudsN
 
SOURCES: